Monday, April 30, 2012

Bom dia! April 30, 2012

Hello family!   April 30, 2012

I hope you all had a great week! Its good to hear that Davis Baseball is picking up right where we left it! Good work boys! Scott you better get those assignments in or youre never going to get to hang out!

This week was hard to find new investigators. We visited all of our referrals and contacts but none of them will mark another day for us to pass by. But we are still working hard in this area. Gustavo is doing well and is on track to be baptized next week. He is having a hard time with quitting smoking so we gave him a blessing and he is doing much better now. We will have a family with him tonight. He really wants to be baptized and I have faith that he will be this next Sunday. He is having a hard time reading the Book of Mormon too. We keep telling him to read it word for word but he just skims through it. Oswaldo and Marina are doing very well and Marina received a calling in the ward this week! That was really cool to see. We went to their house yesterday and they fed us so much food! It was awesome! Ricardo should have work off this Sunday so he will be in church and we will work with the bishop to help him receive the priesthood. The work is going well, we just need to find more people to teach and be able to teach them in their homes.

I dont know why but i still cant send pictures through email. Its really frustrating. I will send some through letters soon but im not sure when you will get them. Sorry!

So for Mothers day I will probably be able to use Skype to see you! I dont know if you remember how to use it but i am sure that if you ask Natalie that she will gladly come over and help you with it :) (thanks nat youre the best) Please let me know in your email next week what the plans are. Also we will be going to the temple next wednesday so my p day will be then instead of monday.

We have transfers this week and we will receive the call tonight telling us where everyone will be going! Im a little nervous but i am sure that I will stay here in Ahú and Elder Clift will be transferred.

Scott, you better step it up bud. Im on 1 Nephi 21. Good luck. I hope you know where to buy a David Freese shirt! Oh by the way I would love some Cardinals updates....

Mom, I need to ask a big favor of you. Its getting really cold and rainy here and the jackets here are soooo expensive. It would be much cheaper if you bought one there and then sent it to me. Just a cheap rain jacket. Like the Cooperstown one that I have in my closet but all black with a hood. That kind of matierial. So here is the favor. Could you send me a package with that kind of jacket, a few things of old spice deordorant, and a bottle of ibuprofen? They dont have antiperspirant deodorant here and its killing me. And the drugs here are more than twice the price of there. So if you could send that to me ASAP that would be awesome. You can take some money out of my debit card to do it. Thank you so much. I really do need that jacket soon. Thank you.

My memory of Grandpa T. I know this is sad but this is what i remember. When he was in the hospital and about to pass away, I was the last grandchild to see him alive. I remember that Me mom and dad drove down and got to see him before. It was sad and hard but even though I was only 11 I knew that he was happy and in a better place. I have thought alot about him here on the mission because I know that he is watching down on me and he can see everything that I am doing. I know that we will all see him again someday and sit down with him and eat a frosty.

Well I hope you all know that I love you so much. I hope you have a great week and that you see all of the little miracles that happen all around us. I love you and I pray for you all multiple times a day.

Love Elder Taylor

Ps. Abbey Hailey and Annie, I love you three so much! Keep being the cute, awesome girls that you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment