Friday, April 13, 2012

Feliz Pascoa!

 April 9, 2012

I hope you all had a great Easter and Spring Break! Scott I cant believe you hurt yourself again. You remind me of myself back in the good old days. Easter was great for us. We had a really good Sacrament meeting by the yound single adults about Jesus Christ. It was really good. Then we had lunch at a members house and got A LOT of chocolate. Its the best. It was great to be able to focus all of our attention on our Savior Jesus Christ yesterday. Not only that he suffered and died for us but that he ressurected. He lives. And through Him, we will all live again after this life. What a blessing. I know that my Redeemer lives. What comfort this sweet sentence gives. That song is so true. Our Savior and Redeemer lives. And he loves us so much. 

Dad i hope you had an awesome birthday! I wore your skinny christmas tie from your mission in honor of you. It was great. I miss you and i wish i could give you a huge birthday hug but that can wait for two years. Just know that i love you and that you really are my hero. I am so greatful for April 6th. Our Savior was born this day. The church was restored this day. And my dad/hero/role model was born this day. Thank you so much for all that you do for me dad. I love you so much.

This week was good but we definately have things to improve on. We didnt get to visit very many people with members because of General Conference. We only had one investigator in Sacrament meeting but it was very good to see her there because we have been teaching her for a long time and it is the first time that I have seen her at church. She went to church for a few weeks before I came to the field. We are still working with Jasmine and her family but only her mom went to church yesterday. We have to get the dad involved more. We marked baptismal dates with two new investigators this week. One is an older man named Salvador and he is very open to religion. He has already been baptized in two other churches so our focus is on prayer and having him pray to find out that this is the ONLY true church. The other investigator is Tiago. We made a contact with him and taught him in the street yesterday. He accepted to be baptized and we will teach him again tonight in his home. He is about 30 years old and is very interested in the Book of Mormon. We also had a good chat with the ward counsil and explained to them why we need members to visit investigators with us. I think things will begin to improve in that aspect. Things with the house are going well and we are finding new investigators. We are working really well with less-active members too. We have a few that we are going to work with this week to reactivate them. Things are going well here in Ahú.

I got a package!!! It was the one from St. Patricks day with my glasses! Thank you so much for thinking about me. I love you all so much. And thank you for the money for a sweater. I will buy one this week. 

I also received my sweet scripture cases this week. Only there was something wrong....they spelled my name Travor hahaha i guess thats what i get for using my first name as a missionary. I want to use them for my whole life so thats why i put my first name on them and we spelled it for the guy three times but he still got it wrong haha oh well. Theyre still sweet and totally worth it. I sent you a picture of them.

On wednesday Elder Clift had to go to a training meeting so i was on a division with another elder. We were going back to meet up with Elder Clift and we got on the wrong bus! It took us clear to the center of Curitiba which is over an hour outside of my area. It was so funny! But not good....I definately learned my lesson. But it was an adventure. We also went to the eye museum last week here in Ahú. Its closed on Mondays so we could only take pictures outside but it was still cool. I also sent a picture of that. 

We have a pet in our house! We came home one night and this little lizard was just waiting for us. We werent able to catch him so he is still just running around in our house. Thats freakin me out.

I am glad to hear that baseball is still in your hearts back there. I miss it so much. So much. Its killing me. Keep playin hard Scotty and tell the team that I love them! 

These last few days have been really hard for me. All I have wanted to do is go to Lavell Edwards Stadium and watch BYU football haha. I dont know why I miss that so much. Its not even football season! But yeah. This fall is going to be a rough one for Elder Taylor.

So I have been thinking...today is my half birthday. And when i wore dads skinny tie i really liked it. I like the skinny tie look. So since today is my HALF birthday and a skinny tie is like HALF of a tie....maybe someone would love to send me a few skinny ties....maybe?

I hope you all had a great week. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. He lives. I know He does. I know that this is the only true church on the earth. God is our Heavenly Father and He loves us so much. He loves us so much that He sent His Son to die for us. Imagine, thats like if dad sent me or Scott to die for everyone in the world. Its incredible. I love the Book of Mormon. Right now I am in 3rd Nephi and I am reading about when Christ came to the Americas. It says that he cried with the people. He blessed every single one of them. He loves us so much. I am honored to be a servant of the Lord right now. Its hard. Its very hard. But i know that my Heavenly Father is proud of me and is watching over me. I know that this church is true and that we can be together forever. Whenever i feel homesick i think about that. I get to be with you guys forever. I can give up two years of my life here on Earth to help others have that same blessing. I love you all so much and I hope you have a great week this week. 

Love Elder Taylor


The Eye Museum


My sweet new scripture covers


Our new pet lizard! 

                                            We were spoiled by the members on Easter!



No comments:

Post a Comment