Friday, April 13, 2012

Hello Family!


Well, conference was awesome! We got to watch every session in English! We have some amazing and inspired leaders. It was crazy to see all of the people that were released! I felt the spirit so strong during the talks and especially when the Tabernacle Choir sang Come Thou Fount. I almost cried. They are way better than we were haha. But yes. Conference was amazing. Oh and was I the only one that saw Landon Simensen singing in the missionary choir?! That was so cool!

I finally got one of syds emails from missionties. It was from march 6th haha so the rest should be on their way. I still havent gotten any packages but i will continue to hope that you all really do love me ;)

Its getting really cold here at night and in the morning so i was wondering if you could put a little money on my debit card so that i can buy a sweater or small jacket to wear while we are out. That would be great. If not, just let me know in your next email.

I am glad to hear that Scott and the baseball team are doing well. Keep it up! And way to go on the ACT! I have been dethroned....but i am so proud of you bud. Keep working hard so that you can make a ton of money and i can live in your basement when i am old and have no money.

What in the world is going on with my sports teams? I just got dads letter that said that Peyton Manning is on the broncos. That right there almost made me cry. First Albert and now Peyton. I guess this is what happens when your #1 fan goes on a mission and cant watch your games for 2 years. Sad sad sad. Mark my words. Dirk Nowitzki will not be on the mavericks when i get home from my mission. I know its a sad thought but it will happen.

Abs, if i could be any superstar it would be Dad. Wanna know why? Because everything that the apostles and prophets said about families and how a father needs to be the leader of the family with his priesthood is exactly how i would describe dad. I was thinking that the whole time that they were talking about it. We are so blessed to have him as a father. Seriously. Dad, I love you so much. Thank you for teaching me how i need to live and to use my priesthood to help others.

This week was hard. It seemed like we had no success. We did everything we could to have investigators to watch General Conference and in the end only one was there. We are working hard with the family of Hussain and Virginia so that they will be active in the church when their daughter is baptized. She (Jasmine age 9) accepted the date of April 22 so we will be working extremely hard with them. Oswaldo and Marina are as solid as ever. The house is good. We are still missing a few things but I am happy with what we have.

I cant believe sister woodruff is already about to come home. Like really. My mind is blown. Its so crazy how fast this time goes. It makes me realize that i need to take advantage of every second and serve the Lord with all my heart. 

Well, I love you all so much. Follow the prophet. He really does know the way. One thing that was said in conference is that parents praying with their children may be the most important example that you can show them. Thank you mom and dad. Keep up the good work :) I love you!!!

Love,
Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment