Monday, April 23, 2012

Bom Dia! April 24, 2012


This week was pretty good! Last Monday we went to a different area in Almilrante Tamandare to walk up this `mountain` and take a bunch of pictures. It was so fun. I would send you some pictures but the computer wont let me today. i will try again next week. We had interviews with President Cordon on Tuesday and those went well. He asked me how you all are doing and we laughed about Scotts many adventures. He said that we should be getting  beds and a table by at least next week! We have mattresses just no beds. But things are improving. 

Scott, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW!!!! I hope you have an awesome 17th birthday! I will send you a letter today with a little present inside. Oh and Im not sure if you got my other letter but start reading the Book of Mormon from the beginning tomorrow. Trust me. Itll be worth it :)

I was so happy to hear that mom and abbey finished the Book of Mormon this week. Guess what! I did too! In Portuguese! I finished on Thursday morning and I just want you all to know that I know that the Book of Mormon is true. No matter what language it is. It is the word of God.

We had a very nice surprise this week! I think I told you about Eliane last week and how she wanted to be baptized. Well, she was! She was baptized by her son Felipe (who was mission companions with Landon Bybee, Small world!) on Saturday night and she was confirmed by him on Sunday. it was such a special two days. Her husband even came to watch the baptism. There were so many members there to watch it too. The Spirit was so strong and you could just feel the love there. Thats what this is all about. Bringing people to the fold. I would send you pictures but I cant! I am sorry. 
Thank you for all your letters and love. I dont have very much time but I hope you all know that I love you and that you are in my prayers.I will defiantely write coach leo today. Please give him a hug for me and tell him that I love him!

Annie you kill me. Every time i get a letter or an email there is always something funny about you in there. I miss you so much and I would love to get some pictures of you!! I love you booger-eater. 

I love you all so much. I am really improving with Portuguese and becoming a leader which is good because Elder Clift will probably be transferred next week. I am guessing that I will stay here but we will find out next monday night. So i will let you know in two weeks. I love you so much. 

Essa igreja é verdadeira. Ela é a unica igreja verdadeira na face da terra. Jesus Cristo é nosso Salvador e eu sou tao grato por ele e a sacrifício que ele fez. O Livro de Mórmon é nosso guia por esta vida. Se nós perseveramos até o fim, vamos ter vida eterna. (2 nefi 31)
This church is true. Its the only true church on the face of the earth. Jesus Christ is our Savior and I am so grateful for him and the sacrifice that he made. The Book of Mormon is our guide for this life. If we endure to the end, we will have eternal life. (2 nephi 31)

Funny thing about that last paragraph was that it was easier to write in Portuguese!!! I love you all!!!

Love Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment