Tuesday, July 23, 2013

What a week!

Bom dia!!!                                 July 15, 2013

I'm so glad to hear that you all made it home safe! It must be really weird to have Syd back home after over a year and a half. That seems so weird to me. I dont want to go home! How is she doing? Is she still reading her scriptures? Tell her that she cant slack off. She needs to stay strong!

This week was really long and really hard. We had a really hard time getting into peoples houses to teach and just about everything fell through. We are also having a hard time finding new people to teach. But this Sunday we received a few refferals from the ward and we will visit them this week.

We did have one really good thing happen last night. We were going to visit Maria Eduarda to watch the Joseph Smith movie with them. When we got there, no one was there. It was so hard because we knew that we were just going to spend the night walking in the street trying to find people. Then we remembered one great thing. A member told us to come over to get a cake that they had made for us. So we got our vigor and vim back and started walking to the members house. When we got there.....they werent home either. It was so sad and I told my companion that I was just going to walk as slow as I could and maybe we would get home at 9. It was about 7:30 haha. Then all of a sudden, a man started running after us and yelling. I got scared and almost took off but then I heard that he was yelling, "Elders wait!" So we talked to him and he said that he was a less-active member and had moved into the ward about a month ago. He wanted to mark a date with us to go visit him and help him to come back to church! He also said that he has a sister who isnt a member! It was the miracle that we were waiting for after all of the work we did this week. And all thanks to our desire to eat cake haha. I know that the Lord is watching over us and that when we work our hardest, He rewards us. Oh, and we ended up getting dinner and a cake later that night :)

This transfer has gone by so fast. Next week we will have transfers and I really dont want to leave Boa Vista yet. I am hoping that Pres. Monteiro will at least leave the zone leaders where they are. I really want to stay here one more transfer. But, I will go where the Lord wants me to go. 

I hope you are all having a great time with Syd! Its weird to think that I am the only one out here from the family. But that wont last long :) A man named Thiago Silva will probably send you an email soon. He is in my ward here and he served in Ribeirão Preto. He really wants to talk to Scotty and tell him a little about how it is there.

I love you all and I know that I am doing exactly what the Lord wants me to do. Sometimes its really hard but one thing keeps me going. My testimony of the Book of Mormon. If that book is true then this whole work is true and the promises that we have from the Lord are true. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God.


--
Love,
Élder Trevor Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment