Monday, July 22, 2013

Congrats!

Bom dia!                       June 10, 2013

Congrats on the graduation! Man, mom and dad are getting old. 3 kids graduated from high school and only 3 more to go! Way to go Scotty. Youre the man.

We had transfers today! Elder Eddington was transferred and will train a new missionary. I will stay here in Boa Vista for at least 6 more weeks and my new companion is....Elder Ladereche! He is from Uraguay and has only been out for about 6 months. Yes, I have been out for a year longer than him. I was his zone leader when he started his mission when i was in Ala 2. He is a great missionary and is very humble. We are going to get along great. I am really excited to be his companion. During the transfer meeting, the missionaries that are going home usually get up and bear their testimonies. Well, this time Pres. and Sis. Cordon got up and bore theirs. It was so sad and I am going to miss them so much. But they are going to be here for 3 more weeks so we will get one last zone conference with them. I love them so much and I have been so blessed to have them as ´my parents´ out here.

This week was really good. We had a GREAT ward activity on Saturday night. It was soup night! A bunch of the ladies in the ward brought soup for everyone to eat and we all just had a great time. There were about 100 people there and 10 of them were investigators. We were able to talk to all of them and get their addresses. There was so much soup and so many members. It was so fun and everyone had a good time. We are working really well with our new ward mission leader. He is one of the best men that i know and I love him. He loves the missionaries and is willing to do anything for us. The only problem with the soup night was that I ate so much that I got home and threw everything up! It wasnt as good the second time that I tasted it....

We saw a real life miracle happen this week. We are teaching a man named Cesar and his whole family is members and he has been coming to church for the last 2 years. The only reason that he hasnt been baptized yet is because he wont stop smoking. Well, he never accepts baptismal dates but yesterday we went to his house to talk to him and see how is was doing. Well, during the lesson we both got a really strong feeling that we needed to mark a baptismal date with him. So I said, ´Cesar, you know the blessings from being a member. Its time to get those blessings. ´ He just stared at me and I said, ´On June 29th we will have a baptismal service. YOUR baptismal service.´ Then I just sat there and let him think about it. He thought for a good 5 minutes in silence and then looked up at me and said, ´Mark my baptism for the 29th.´ I just about cried. It was so cool. He finally accepted a date and his whole family was there in the room. We´re gonna have to work hard with him for this one but I know that he will be baptized on the 29th. The same day that I got my mission call 2 years ago!

I just want you all to know that I know that miracles are real. We just need to have faith, be in tune with the spirit and act on the promptings that we receive. I know that we have angels out here helping our investigators. I know that we are being protected by our loving Heavenly Father. I know that this is the only true gospel on the face of the earth. So lets share it with everyone.


Love,
Élder Trevor Taylor


Sponge Bob plant!


Jesus is everywhere!


The Ten Commandments - keep 'em!



Dad - this is one of the mixers that they use in Brazil.  Is it the same kind that you lost your finger in?  I think about you every time I see one!  Ha ha!  I love you!


E. Ladereche - my 2nd Spanish speaking companion!







No comments:

Post a Comment