Monday, July 22, 2013

Bom freezing cold dia!!

DAD IS STAKE PRESIDENT???????? So I just about wet myself when I read that. But I am not shocked one bit. Natalie said that dad is the most humble man that she has ever met. I would have to agree with that 100%. Dad, you are going to be a great Stake President. I love you so much. Thank you for being such a great example for me. I never told you this but I had a dream while I was in the MTC that Dad was called as Stake President. Pretty cool how the Lord really does know all.

This week was so good. We had the last mission counsel before the big split and it was really good. It was actually just a normal counsel but they told us to get ready for some big changes with the next transfer. Which is next week! Its crazy how fast time is flying by. But its going really well.

I did a division in Colombo this week with the Elders there. While we were there, we visited a family whos son had died two days before. He was 12 years old and the only member of the family that wasnt baptized. He was being taught by the missionaries and choked on some cake and died last Sunday. We were talking to the dad and he just cried the whole time. But he said one thing that has been on my mind this whole week. He said that at the funeral, he got a text from a friend that helped him a lot. It was just a short little message but it made all the difference. That instantly made me think of a scripture in Alma 43:48. In portuguese it says that the men of Moroni were scared and about to run away but Moroni sent them inspired messages (in english it doesnt say messages) that helped them to stay strong and keep going. I have been thinking about that a lot this week. A lot of people need a message like that to help them to keep going or to comfort them. And we as members of the church have that message. Its a message of hope and joy. We need to share that with everyone. I know that God has a plan for each of us and that we know that plan. In Kaysville there arent many people that dont know that plan. But there are a lot who have forgotten about it. Scott, I am so proud of you for standing up for what you believe in. The world needs a lot more Scott Taylors. I want to invite each of you that read this email to share your testimony with someone that is going through a tough time this week. It could be face to face or just a small text. No effort is useless. I know that the Lord will give you a chance to share your testimony with someone that needs to hear it. Just go and do. The Lord will help you.

I also want to invite you all to do two other things. 1. President Monson invited us all to give genorous donations to the General Missionary Fund this last conference. DO IT. With all the missionaries that are being called, a lot of them dont have the money to pay for a mission. Please help them. 2. Pray and maybe fast for the missionaries to get their visas to come to Brazil. We need them here. Just think. There are over 70 Scott Taylors waiting for their visas just to come to Curitiba. There are a lot more waiting to go to the rest of Brazil. We need them here to keep the work going!

I love you all and I am so proud of all of you. I know that Dad was called of God and that Mom was also called. She may not have the calling but Dad would be nothing without her ;) I know that we have the best parents in the world!

I love you!


Love,
Élder Trevor Taylor




With Pres. and Sis. Cordon at our last Zone Council




I did an interview in Colombo while I was there and I took the man's cigarettes from him.  then I destroyed them in front of him.  He loved it!  So, I kept the box to always remember!



Now that Dad's the Stake President, do you think he'll get to meet the new seventy?? E. Gifford Nielsen??
Go Cougars!





No comments:

Post a Comment