Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Excited for conference!


Happy Birthday, Natalie!!



Bom Dia!!       October 1, 2012

Wow you all had a pretty good week watching BYU kick some buns and meeting Apostles. That sounds so cool. Dad, the really cool thing is that now we have both shaken his hands while I have been on the mission. I dont know if you remember but he came to the CTM while I was there and I got to shake his hand. They really are men of God and I cant wait to hear them speak this week.

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY NAT!!!!!!!!!! I cant believe how stinking old you are. Youre gonna start getting wrinkly and loose your vision soon..... But i hope you have an amazing day. Iam so blessed to have FELIZ ANIVERSARIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  EU TE AMO.

Lincoln, Im crying like a baby right now. Thats so awesome man. You are going to be a great missionary. I cant wait to get a letter from you telling me all about it. I love you man. This really is the Lords work and its going to be amazing to do this at the same time.

Well, this week was a tough one. Lincoln (our investigator) didnt pass the baptismal interview so we didnt get a baptism this week. We are going to keep helping him to be ready for Oct. 13th. We did a lot of walking this week and not a lot of teaching. It was hard but at the end of the week, John (Vitorias little brother) told us that he wants to be baptized! I have been praying for this day for the last 3 and a half months. We already have everything planned and his baptism will be inbtween the morning and afternoon sessions of conference on saturday. Elder Poe will get to baptize him and I am so excited for him to get to do his first baptism. This weekend is going to be amazing.

Speaking so much of conference, I am so excited!!! I just hope that they will have it in English again haha but either way the Spirit will be so strong. These men really are men of God. They are our leaders and we need to listen to their words. I love being able to hear them even though I am on the other side of the world. What a blessing!!

One funny thing that happend this week was that I almost got robbed. This drunk guy came up to us in the street and just took the pen right out of my shirt pocket haha then he took the lid off and gave me the pen. I just stared at him and he gave me the lid back. He then gave me a hand shake and tried to slide my ring off my finger (dont worry Nat, I didnt let him take it) I thought he was done taking my things and he looked at me and said, `I dont know how to read` and tried to steal my book of mormon. I just yanked it out of his hands and asked him if he needed help. He gave me a huge hug and said that I was beautiful. It was the weirdest thing that has ever happened in my life.

Well that was my exciting week. I hope you all know that I love you so much and that I love being a missionary. I hope Nat knows that I love her and I hope she has a great day today. This is the greatest work on earth and now Big Linc is going to be a part of it. That just made me cry again haha. I love you Linc. Youre the man.

Love, Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment