Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Change of p-days!

Bom dia!         September 24, 2012

Wow you guys had a crazy week. You all need to just relax and be sad because Im not there. Just kidding :) Im so glad that you are having fun. That football game sounds like a bummer. You guys need to cheer louder.

This week was really good. Really good. We have this investigator named Lincoln and he keeps telling us that he wants to be baptized but that he wants to wait until the end of the year. Like December. Well, we went there thursday and we had a way good lesson with him and he finally said that he wants to be baptized now! The Spirit was so strong and he almost started crying. We will have his interview tomorrow and the baptism should be Saturday!

We also found this new investigator. He was one that went to the talent show that we had. Well, we got there to teach him and there were about 20 people there waiting for us. So we taught them all and then his dad (who is a preacher in a different church) started asking all of these ridiculous questions. It was so weird. But I just looked him in the eyes and told him that I know that these things are true because I know that the Book of Mormon is true. And he ended up coming to church on Sunday! We have another meeting with them on Friday so we will see how he liked it. But it was really cool and their family is huge!

As you can see from the pictures, we went to the temple today! It was so good. There were tons of missionaries. I love going to the temple. No matter what country im in. It was so good and I felt so good just being able to pray in the Lords house. I prayed for each one of you specifically so I hope you felt it and I hope you know how much I love each one of you. Know that your prayers for me are being felt and that I love being a missionary.

As you can also see from the pictures, I got your present!! I couldnt wait to open it until my birthday though...sorry. I tried. (It lasted about 7 minutes or so haha) Thank you so much. We are still enjoying the Reeses and I am saving the Wheat Thins until my actual birthday :) Abs, I love the bracelet. We cant wear them here on the mission but I have it hanging up on my desk and I will definately wear it when I get home! Tell Linc that he is in trouble cuz I just barely got his letter. Some one go egg his house or something...

The other missionaries in my district were really sad and depressed this week because a lot of baptisms are falling through. They were all complaining to me all week and a few of them just said that they didnt want to work. I worried about it all week and I had no idea what to do. I was praying so hard that the Lord would show me how to help them. Well, Monday morning I was studying and I had the feeling to read Alma 26. I had no idea why but the Spirit told me to. So I did and it was exactly what I needed to say to the district. I want each of you to read that through the eyes off a depressed missionary. Its perfect. So we read that as a district and I switched some words around to apply it to us and it was so good. One of the Sisters even called that night just to say thank you because that was exactly what she needed to hear. I know that the Lord answers our prayers through study and prayer.

Well, I love you all. I love the gospel. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I love being a missionary and being able to help bless the lives of my brothers and sisters here in Curitiba. I love my mom. Shes the best.

Love, Elder Taylor

PS One of the guys in our ward asked if you could send an oil vile like mine for him. He is very jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment