Monday, October 15, 2012

Birthdays!!

Hi fam.

Im glad to hear that everyone is doing well at home in Utah. That really stinks that BYU lost again. (it would be nice to know who they are playing cuz I have no idea what the schedule is haha) Go Cardinals!! They are the best. Wild Card World Series Champs!!

This week was hard. John didnt come to church on Sunday because he went to the center of Curitiba with his dad and they stayed there the whole weekend. So we will have to wait until next week to confirm him. We had a baptism for this week but he said that he needs more time to wait and to learn more. Our other solid investigator started drinking coffee again so we need to work harder with her. So over all this was a pretty hard week. But we are still working as hard as we can and we wont lose faith. Things are still going well and we have good things to look foreward to. The highlight of this week was that we had 8 investigators at church yesterday. That was amazing. That made all of this hard stuff worth it in the end.

My birthday was good. We had district meeting in the morning and at the end, the Zone Leaders took me into the bishops office and told me that they caught the two elders in my district on dates with two girls. I was so mad and nervous for these two elders. The zone leaders said that they were waiting in another room and that we were going to go talk to them and then call President Cordon. I was so nervous the whole way there and then they opened the door and they had a surprise birthday party for me! It was so funny. The sisters made cake and there were balloons everywhere. It was a surprise so I dont have any pictures but someone has some and they will send them to me soon. That night we went to a members house and they had a birthday party for me too. Thats what the pictures are. Lots of pizza, brownies, and cookies. It was a pretty good birthday.

We had transfers today and me and Elder Poe are staying here! That means I will have been in this area for almost 1/4 of my mission. Thats crazy. But I am so happy. I love this area and I know that we will have a lot of sucess in this next transfer.

We should have a baptism this week and I am so excited for that. Her name is Cateline and she lives with Izilda. She is loving church and the Book of Mormon. We will be working hard with her to make sure that she is baptized this week.

Well, I love you all and I hope you have another great week. Cheer louder for the Cougars and make sure to let me know when the Cardinals are back to back World Series Champs. I know this is the work of the Lord. I know this is the hardest thing that I have ever done in my life. Thats what makes it so worth it. I wont ever give up. I love you all so much.

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY SYD!

Love
Elder Taylor


                                                 My birthday celebration foods!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment