Monday, June 18, 2012

Good day loved ones!

I love you ALL!

 Elder Taylor and Elder Sandoval

Elder Lima
What a crazy week! First I just want to tell dad that I love you so much and i hope you had a great fathers day. They dont celebrate that here but President Cordon spoke in our ward and told himself happy fathers day haha it was so funny. But really dad. Thank you for everything that you have done for me. i love you so much.

Well....I got transfered! I am now here in Jargim Mercúrio. Its about 30 minutes from the Botanical Gardens. Yes we will be visiting that 2 weeks from today. My companions name is Elder Lima. He is from Fortaleza Brazil and has already been in the field for 6 weeks so I am only finishing his training. His first trainer finished his mission last week. But its really good. Its different to now be the leader in everything but I am holding up just fine. The area here is amazing. Its the exact opposite of Ahú. There are no tall apartment buildings and the people here are very poor. But they are also very humble and actually listen to us. We have about 25 investigators and we marked at least one baptismal date every day that I was here the past week. We should have a baptism this sunday and I am very excited for it. The members here are great. We taught 6 lessons with members yesterday. We taught 6 lessons with members the whole last transfer in Ahú. Thats how great the members are here. I actually feel like I am fulfilling my purpose as a missionary. It has rained all week and my umbrella broke so I am a little wet but I will buy a new one today.

I got your easter packages!!!! Lets just say that Elder Lima really likes Laffy Taffys. Haha they are almost gone already. I am so glad to hear that you are all doing well and that you found the Honda! Scott, forgive them. They are old and they still think they are funny.

Nat, I didnt get a chance to talk to Claudiane again but maybe I wrote it wrong. Sorry. But please add Felipe Grob Tomaz. He is the son of Eliane and I didnt get to say goodbye to them. I did get to say goodbye to Oswaldo and Marina and lets just say that these eyes didnt stay dry for long. The minute I told them that I was getting transferred, Oswaldo started to cry. He calls me his batizador or baptizer haha I love that man and I will miss him so much. But i will see them when this life is all said and done :)

I would love to send Annie a letter. I will do that today. I am so glad that she hasnt forgotten about me.  Annie, I love you so much. Dont forget about your best friend here in Brazil.

Dad, I am getting your letters through mission ties. Not gonna lie, your hand written letters in chicken scratch on scratch paper meant the world to me but I love getting your letters no matter how they are written or typed. Thank you for your words and for your love and encouragement. I think about you everyday and I hope you know that you are my hero. I really mean that. I am crying as I am typing this haha i love you dad.

Well I hope you all have a great week and enjoy the summer sun! Dont forget to say your  prayers moring and night. your Heavenly Father loves you and he wants to talk to you. I know that He is waiting to answer our prayers. We just need to be humble enough to get down on our knees and ask.

Amo vocês!

Love Elder Taylor

PS we will be going to the temple on the 27th so I wont have a Pday next monday. It will be on Wednesday so be ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment