Monday, June 4, 2012

Hello my loved ones!

    June 4, 2012

Things are good here in Curitiba. It has been raining nonstop for the last 3 days so my shoes are soaked and my umbrella has a leak. But I am so happy to be doing the work of the Lord! I am glad to hear that you had a great week with the end of school and everything. I miss those good old days. But Im a big boy now :)

We struggled a little bit this week. Elder Sandoval had surgery on his mouth last monday and he couldnt work for a few days. So our numbers were low and i feel really bad about that. We will make up for it this week. I cant believe we are already on the last week of this transfer. Time seems to be flying by. We found 5 new investigators this week and one family that is really good. We havent marked a baptismal date with them yet but we will soon. We did have one investigator in Sacrament meeting. His name is Tiago and Elder Clift and i taught him before but he told us that he wasnt interested. Well he called us this week and said that he wanted to see the new chapel. So he came and felt really good there and we will visit him again this week. I know that he felt the spirit there. We have been visiting a lot of less active members and two of them said that they want to come back to church! I have been reading about King Benjamin this week and I know that he is a man of God. There are so many lessons in his speach that if we would just obey, we would have eternal life.

How are the elections coming? Everyone here tells me that Mitt Romney is doing really well but my family doesnt say anything about it! Whats going on?!

So.....you know you are a focused missionary when you wake up and your companion tells you that you were bearing your testimony in your sleep. Well this morning i woke up and Elder Sandoval told me that i was doing exactly that haha the funny thing is that I remember that I had a dream that me and Riley Watts were going down a huge slide haha it was so weird. please dont judge me.

This week I was also reading in Mormon 6:17-19. Almost all of the Nephites have died and Mormon is asking them how could they have fallen? Jesus had his hands outstretched to you the whole time. In english it seems like he is yelling this but in Portuguese it seems like he is sad and crying. That is how I picture it. He is sad and crying for his people. Fam-please dont ever forget that Christs hands are outstretched to us always. How can we fall?

 
Well, I just want you to know that eu sei que essa é a Igreja de nosso Salvador Jesus Cristo. We talked to so many people this week and all they wanted to do was Bible Bash. well, thats not how we roll. I know that the power of testimony is so strong. We dont need to argue with people. Just bear testimony of what we know and the Spirit will do the rest.

I love you all so much and I hope you have a great week. 

Love Elder Taylor

PS read Ether 14:23. Its about a missionary in the bathroom ;) muah ha ha ha


No comments:

Post a Comment