Monday, June 4, 2012

Bom Dia!

Bom dia!       May 21, 2012

I am glad to hear that everything is going well in good old Kaysville. Good luck with baseball and the family reunion and try not to let the family miss me too much! I hope you have a great time. :)

This week was better with finding new investigators. We we able to teach 4 new ones this week and that was really good. Our work with the leaders of this ward is going very slow. We went to talk to the Bishop about some things but he just shot down all of our ideas. Its hard to work with the ward when the Bishop wont listen to us. Gustavo wont come to church and we really dont know how we are going to handle his situation. But we just have to do our part and pray and have faith. We studied and talked a lot about faith this week. I think the Lord is just testing our faith right now. Our prayers have been more sincere and we are just trying to do everything we possibly can to be obedient and to have faith. We know that there are people here in Ahú that have been prepared by the Lord to hear this gospel from us and we are going to do all that we can to find them and to help them. I know that my faith is being tested but I have found many answers through scripture study and through sincere prayer. I know that our Heavenly Father is listening and that He answers prayers. 

So you want details? Well, this week a bird pooped right on me, a crazy asian screamed at us that we dont have spirits and we taught a man about Joseph Smith. The thing is that this man was drunk as a skunk. It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen in my life. 

A member told me that the Indiana Pacers are strokin it up! Where did that come from? I thought the Pacers were terrible. And he said that the Spurs knocked the Jazz out of the playoffs. I hate that guy. ;)

Scott, Have fun on the CHT!!!!!!!!!!! Youre going to love it. I know you are nervous to room with people that you dont know but this will prepare you for transfers on the mission :) Have fun and enjoy the spirit there. Write down your feelings in the places that you will go. I wish i would have done that. Have fun! Oh and i am on Jacob 1. Looks like I have some catching up to do....

So yesterday we visited this couple and it was really good. Their daughter died when she was only 5 years old from cancer and it just ruined the family. They have a lot of doubts and are just having a hard time. We taught them about the plan of salvation and they still have a lot of doubts but you could tell that it really helped them to be more happy. But while we were teaching i could just feel how true this plan really is. I am so grateful to know that Heavenly Father has a perfect plan for us and that if we do the right things that we can live with together forever. I dont know what i would do if I didnt have this knowledge. I love you all so much and I am so grateful for mom and dad and for your temple marriage. Which by the way will be 22 years on Sunday! Yes I remembered :) thank you for chosing the right so that our family can be an eternal family. There is nothing in this world that makes me more happy than knowing that I get to be with you forever. I love you all so much and i hope you have a great week!

Love Elder Taylor

Ps. We will get our beds today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment