Monday, June 18, 2012

Hello peeps!

Wow you guys had a crazy week! It sounds like so much fun!  I really can't believe that Jake is already home from his mission.  The time goes by so fast.  I think i am going to cry!  haha.  Well, I got your packages this week!  Thank you so much.  I love you all so much.  Elder Sandoval really enjoyed the American candy and the woopie cushion - haha.  We had some good times with that. 

We also had the dedication of the Manaus Temple yesterday.  It was so cool.  We went to the chapel and watched a broadcast of it.  I know that the temple really is the house of the Lord.

So this week was another hard one and we only found one new investigator.  It seems like no one here wants to hear the gospel and when they do, they don't want us to come back again.  Its really sad.  but this week I was praying to much that I could stay here with Elder Sandoval one more transfer because I love him and I know that we will baptize.  Well, right before the temple dedication yesterday, our zone leaders took us into a different room and told us some crazy news.  WE ARE GOING TO TRAIN!!! Yes, Both of us.  Its crazy.  I had a feeling that Elder Sandoval was going to train but I definately dind't expect that I would too. It's not very often that an American learning a language trains with onlky 6 months on the mission.  I am way nervous about it but I know that htis is a calling from the Lord and if He thinks that I am ready, then I am ready.  I will just have to continue to work as hard as I can.
We have a training today at 2 so we don't have much of a p-day and then we will pick up our new companions tomorrow.  I think that Elder Sadoval will stay here in Ahu and that I will leave, but we haven't heard yet.  If that is the case then I will be opening a new area that doesn't have missionaries right now.  We also dn't know if our companions are Americcan, Brazilian, or from somwhere else.  I could really use some prayers this week. 
It's crazy but I know that I can do this.  elder Sandoval told me that I am fluent in Portuguese so I don't have to worry much about that.  Please pray for me.

Well, I love you all and I hope you have another great week!

Love, Elder Taylor
p.s. Mormon 9:15-19  I know that God is a God of miracles

No comments:

Post a Comment