Monday, June 4, 2012

Bom dia my loved ones!

Bom dia my loved ones!       May 28, 2012

Well, I will just start out by saying that this week was full of blessings. Just blessings. Elder Sandoval and I have been studying about faith and doing everything we can to have more faith in this area. Well, this week we found 2 new people that seem to be really solid and we will visit them again this week. We had a lot of good lessons this week and we really felt the Spirit. On saturday we visited the people that we were expecting to go to Sacrament meeting with us but none of them could go. So we got home and just prayed that a member would bring someone or a miracle would happen and we would have someone at church. We got to church and Felipe brought one of his friends to church with him! It really was an answer to our prayers and his friend really enjoyed being there. We visited Oswaldo and Marina this week and they are doing great. We still arent sure what to do about Gustavo. We visited him on saturday but then he didnt come to church Sunday and no one was at his house when we went to get him. But this week was really good and we will continue to have faith in the Lord and work as hard as we can to help the people here in Ahú. We also did a division with the Elders in Almirante Tamandaré. I went there with Elder Costa da Silva and Elder Smith came here with Elder Sandoval. They told me that they visited a less-active member and she was very nice and wants to return to church! We will visit her again this week. While I was in Tamandaré, we were teaching a lady about the Word of Wisdom and she said that she will never stop drinking cofee. We were talking with her about it and she said that even if she did stop, there are other things that would be harder than that. She wouldnt tell us what ´things´ they were for a long time but finally she said that when she goes to the beach she wants to wear the tiniest bikini that she can find. Lets just say that she is not the skinniest lady that I know and I totally thought she was kidding. But no. She was dead serious. It was hilarious but at the same time really sad. The one thing that would be keeping her from being baptized is a stinking bikini. Its sad how some people put the things of the world before the things of the Lord.

Happy Aniversary Mom and Dad!!!!!!!!!! 22 big ones. Man you guys are old. ;) I love you so much and I hope you got my congradulations letter!

Thank you to all of the people who wrote me letters :) Larae: I would love that cd. My first companion had that same song and I loved it. I dont have a cd player but I have an ipod and I can transfer the songs at the internet house on p-day. Thank you so much.

Yesterday i think I ate something bad and lets just say that last night was not pretty. Good thing its p-day and i can sleep for a few hours later. 

This week I was reading in Jacob 7. I know that Jacob was and is a man of God. He was so in tune with the Spirit that no one could confuse him with their cunning words. I felt the Spirit so strongly as I read about him testifying of the Savior. We are so blessed to have the words of the prophets. Past and present. I am so grateful that we have a living prophet who leads and guides us. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God and that he speaks with him face to face. I am so grateful to be a part of Gods kingdom here on Earth and I am so glad to be out here helping others come unto Christ. 

Well, I hope you have a great time at the reunion! I still havent gotten your package but I will get it soon. Tell the family that I say hi and that I love them!

Love,
Elder Trevor Jeffory Taylor

P.S.
Dad: youre the man. I love you. Thank you for your letters and your advice. I always feel the spirit so strongly when I read your letters. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment