Monday, July 2, 2012

June 27, 2012

 Hello family.

I am so glad to hear about all of the missionaries coming home. It kind of freaks me out though. That will be me before you know it. We had interviews with President Cordon yesterday and he told me that I am doing a great job training. He also told me not to wish that time goes faster than it does because my mission will be over before I know it. He said that he still remembers the day that I got here and said that time is flying. Its so true. To tell you the truth I dont want to come home. I love being a missionary. I love speaking Portuguese and helping the people here to learn about the gospel. I just love serving the Lord. I wish I could do this for the rest of my life.

Well, I forgot my notes on what I was going to tell you about this week so I will just wing it. We went to the temple today and it was amazing as always. I sat right next to President Cordon during the session. Pretty intense. He is a big man. In spirit and stature. I was really able to feel the spirit and it was kind of like a recharge for the next little while.

The work is going really well and we have a lot of progressing investigators. We just need to get them into the stinking water. We have 7 with baptismal dates so we are praying that they will come through. We have a lot of amazing members in this ward and they are really helping us with teaching and fellowshipping the investigators.

I am just going to appologize now for this email. Its pretty lame because I forgot my notes and I still have to email President Cordon and then we have to run to get ready for the primary activity tonight. But I hope that you all know that I love you all. Vocês são caras. You are all dudes hahahahaha doesnt make sense in english but it means youre the man (você é um cara) I just had to throw that in there because Nat said that I talk really formal now. Dudes, you all rock my socks. See, its still me. Alright Im a little weird but you all love me.

We did teach a less-active member the Plan of Salvation this week and it was so good. We will have a Family Home Evening with them on Monday. I love teaching the Plan of Salvation. We know exactly why we are here and where we are going after this life. I am so greatful for my Savior Jesus Christ and for His atonement. Because of Him we can repent and become clean so that we can return to live with our Heavenly Father.

I love you all!

Love Elder Taylor


No comments:

Post a Comment