Monday, July 23, 2012

Hello Fam.

Botanical gardens

I am so glad to hear that you are all doing well and that you had a good 4th of July! It was just another day here in Brazil and it made me want to cry. I did sing the national anthem as loud as I could for Elder Lima so that made it all worth it haha

This week was really hard. Im not going to lie, this saturday was the saddest that I have been on the mission. We have been working so hard to help this girl named Lorinete to be baptized. Well, wednesday we had her interview and we marked the baptism for saturday at 5:00. Everything was going perfect until 3:00 on Saturday while we were filling up the baptismal font and she called and said that she didnt want to be baptized anymore. We ran to her house to see what happened and she said that her boyfriend would leave her if she got
baptized.it was so sad. Then we went to visit some other investigators that are getting ready to be baptized and they said that they dont want to be baptized either. I went home and just wanted to cry. Its harder like this than when you dont have any investigators at all. It was just a rough week. But we will keep doing our best and working and praying our hardest.

On sunday we went to eat lunch with one of the members and he was wearing a U of U hat! I guess his brother lives in utah.  I may have changed since being here but my love for BYU will never leave. Go Cougars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was reading in Alma this week and there is the story of Corior. (thats his name in Portuguese. I forgot how to spell it in English...) Well, at the very end of chapter 30, he dies and it says that in the end the devil will never win. The devil cant have power over us if we are on the Lords side. I know that we all have hard times in our lives and we just feel like giving up. But if we pray and stay strong, the Lord will bless us. He loves us and he wants us to be happy. This week was very hard for me and I know that the devil was trying to get me to stay down and stay sad but I know where my true happiness lies and that is in the gospel of Jesus Christ. Dont let the devil keep you down. He stinks.

These pictures are of the Botanical Gardens. Its so beautiful there! There really isnt much there to see or do but it is a great place to just go relax and take pictures!

Scotty, youre fallin behind bud. I am on Alma 31. Keep reading Scotty. Even if its just a couple of verses a day. The Book of Mormon will give you the spiritual strength to get through the day and to withstand temptations. I love you man.

Well, I hope you all have a great week and enjoy the sun! I wont be seeing that for a while. I love you all so much and I know that this is the Lords work. Amo vocês e sempre oro para vocês. Sei que Deus nos ama e que ele està nos ajudando.

Love
Elder Trevor Taylor
Elders Taylor & Lima @ Botanical Gardens

No comments:

Post a Comment