Monday, July 23, 2012

Bom Freezing Dia!!

July 16, 2012
It is so cold here. I cant even feel my hands!!

Well, I am so glad to hear that you all had a great week! Youth conference sounded like it was awesome. I really cant believe that all of those missionaries are home already. The time really does fly. Me and syd have already been out for over 7 months. Where did the time go?

This week was dissapointing. Just like last week. We only had one investigator in Sacrament meeting and we were expecting 10. Its so hard when members wont help with car rides. Thats one problem that we have here. The members think that they dont need to help the investigators to get to church. Only to sit with them during the meetings. But we are still doing good and we should have at least two baptisms on sunday!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited. And so are our investigators. One of them is Vitoria. Shes 14 and she is so excited to be baptized. Her mom is kind of against it so we are going to have to work extra hard with her mom to help her to see that this is a good thing. We could use some extra prayers from Kaysville.....

We had a leadership training this week for all of the District and Zone Leaders and trainers. It was so good. President Cordon talked a lot about the Book of Mormon and how it really is the proof that the gospel was restored. I love the Book of Mormon. I really do know that it is true and that we can come closer to God by living its priciples than by any other book. I love putting my name in there and being able to apply the stories to my life and my mission.

Thank you for the pictures!! It looks like no one has changed a bit....except Annie!! Holy cow! Annies hair is so long! You all look so good and I am so glad to see that you are all happy and just enjoying life. Life is good. I love life.

This week I was reading in Alma again and I read a comparison that he makes that I thought was really good. In Alma 37: 38, 40-41, 43-45 he talks about the Liahona and how we can compare it to the words of Christ. The words of Christ will always lead us in the right way. But we need to be faithful and follow the teachings that we read.

Scotty, I am on Alma 42. You better get reading bud. I hope you had an awesome time at youth conference and I hope you are excited about serving a mission. I can truly testify that the mission is a blessing. I love being a missionary and I know that you will be an incredible missionary. I love you man.

Well, I love you all so much and I want you to know that I know that this gospel is true. Sou muito grato por nosso Salvador Jesus Cristo. Sei que Ele nos ama e que Ele quer que nos façamos sua vontade. Sei que o Livro de Mórmon é verdadeiro e que ele tem a plenituded do evangelho eterno. Amo vocês!!

Love,
Elder  Trevor Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment