Monday, July 23, 2012

Bom Dia July 23, 2012

Hello my loved ones! I am glad to hear that everything is going well in good old Kaysville. It has been so hot here for the past few days. I think winter only lasted a few weeks. Which is great!!

Well.........BATISMO!!!!! Vitoria was baptized yesterday and she asked me to baptize her. It was so good until i entered into the water. I guess the water heater in the church broke so the water was like ice. It took a while for Vitoria to finally come into the water and then i baptized her and she almost screamed when she came out of the water haha. It was so cold. But the baptism was great. There werent many people at the baptismal service but Vitoria said that she really felt the Spirit. She said that she wanted to be baptized so that one day she can be a sister missionary. That was pretty cool.

This week was the best week of my mission so far. We found a ton of new people to teach, had some really fun family nights and had a baptism. It was so good. But I cant believe the transfer is already over. We will get the phone call tonight that says who is staying and who is being transferred. Im not too nervous because I think that Elder Lima and I will both stay. But you never know with President Cordon.

We played soccer today as a zone and lets just say that I am not the best soccer player in the world. Its hard to play on a team that has LeBron James and Kobe Bryant on the same team.(Elder Lima and the other Brazillian on my team) I think I touched the ball like 4 times the whole game. But I dominated when we played volleyball. I think Im going to give up baseball and play volleyball profesionally haha just kidding.

Can you send me a picture of the Hawaii and Manila Temples? I need pictures for the covers of my new planner....

Dad, I love your story about the donuts haha time really does fly. I cant believe how fast my mission is going by. Sometimes I lay in bed at night and just feel like crying because its going by so fast. I cant put into words how much I love being a missionary. Its the hardest thing that I have ever done mas vale a pena. (its worth it.) I have felt the Spirit more than ever in my life and I feel like I have grown so much closer to my Heavenly Father. I know that he loves me and he is watching over all of his missionaries.

Scott, I am on Alma 60. Almost done with Alma. You better get reading bud. But not just to win a jersey. Read because you want to. In 2 Nephi 32 it says to feast apon the words of Christ because they will tell you all things that you should do. Its so true. I LOVE the Book of Mormon. I love reading it every morning and knowing that it really is the word of God.

The pictures that I sent you are:
1-The Baptism!!!
2&3-we did an animal sacrifice to have a baptism and it worked!! Haha not really. We found a dead rat on the side of the train tracks and Elder Lima put the body on the tracks. Well, the train passed and when we looked, half of the body was on one half and the other half of the body was on the other. Ew....
4-Me and Vitoria at a family night at a members house.

I love you all so much. I hope you have a great week this week and are enjoying the summer heat!!

Love,
Elder Trevor Taylor

Vitoria's baptism


E. Taylor and Vitoria at Family Home Evening


I am not forwarding the rat pictures - just plain nasty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment