Thursday, March 7, 2013

Bom dia!

Bom dia!

Well, my surprise was totally ruined this week by the leaders of the church haha Just kidding. I was so excited to tell you all about how the mission is going to split but you already know! But I will tell you how we learned any way. We got home Tuesday night and got a phone call from President Cordon. He said, Elder Taylor call your whole zone and put them on a conference call with me as soon as you can. We have some important things to talk about. I got way nervous haha but i did as he said and then he announced that the mission is going to split! We still dont know the boundaries or who will go to which mission but its an exciting time and I cant wait. After everyone hung up, President Cordon told me to stay on the line for a minute. He talked to me about how I need to keep being a strong example to not only the zone but to the whole mission. Im not sure what lies in store for me but I am praying for strength to be the best leader that I can be.  I love this work so much. Its hard, tiring and sometimes we get ice cubes thrown at us haha but its the best. I know that this is the work of the Lord and that I am one of his many representatives on this earth. I only have 9 months left and I need to make these the best 9 months of my life. One thing that really helps me to keep going strong is that before we left we had everyone write on those 3x5 cards in the book. Well, both of the Mouritsen girls wrote, No regrets. At first I thought that was just cliche haha but I am now realizing how important it really is. I cant leave any regrets out here. 

We will be having a baptism next week! My asian! Eduardo is finally ready to be baptized! We were talking to him about it and his girlfriend said that he could choose who he wants to baptize him and he looked at me and said Elder Taylor of course! haha I love him. He is so excited and so ready. He is even starting to read D&C. Josè blessed the sacrament yesterday for the first time. He had to repeat it 3 times but it was so cool to see him up there blessing it. The work in Ala 2 is really going forth.

I want Scott to know that I am so proud of him. Mom and Dad, he has taken a while to get his patriarchal blessing because he knows how important it is. Thats something that I admire in him. I remember when I got mine that I didnt really know how important it was. But now I do and I can promise that it will guide your life Scotty. I have already seen how it has blessed my life and that it really is a blessing from God. 

Working with Elder Veiga has been great. He is a hard worker and we have decided that what this area needs is a weekly fast. We have already seen miracles with the new people that we have found and the people that we are teaching. Our zones baptismal goal for February was 12 and we got our 11th yesterday. We only need one more. The month will end this week but we have two people in the zone that are getting ready to be baptized on Wednesday. It will take a miracle for either of them to be baptized but I have already seen enough miracles to know that God can do anything. I know that he can help these two people to be ready.

Well, I love you all so much and I know that this is the work of the Lord. The Bishop here in Ala 2 said that I cant leave this area till the end of my mission so it looks like I will be here for a while but thats fine with me haha I know there are people in every area that are being prepared to hear the gospel. Some by missionaries and some by angels. I really believe in that. I know that when we work hard and do our part that the Lord will do the rest. Its the same way with the Atonement. Do your best and the Lord will do the rest. 

I LOVE YOU!

Love, Elder Big T. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment