Thursday, March 28, 2013

Changes in Curitiba

Bom dia!!                                  March 18, 2013

Scott, Im so proud of you for getting your patriarchal blessing. I know that it will be a blessing to you for your whole life and especially on your mission. I will admit that I didnt study it very much before the mission but now I really know that God knows each one of us personally and that he expects a lot out of us. Keep being the great kid that you are. You have a lot of potential and God has given you a lot of gifts. Use them the best that you can to bless the lives of others. I love you man. Youre the best.

Today marks the 1 year mark that Oswaldo and Marina were baptized! I have already gotten permission from Pres. Cordon to go to their sealing but now I am just waiting to hear when they will be sealed. Its so crazy to think how fast time has gone by. I love that family so much and I know that Im going to bawl like a baby when I see them in white. (For the second time) ;)

We are really starting to work better with the members here. During lunch we always give a short message but now we have changed our focus and we are starting to make them make a list of 10 people that they know that they can share the gospel with and we are getting referrals! The work really is going foreward! We had a good week and found a knew family to teach. Their names are Eloisa and Euzébio. They live in Matto Grosso which is a different state but they are here because Euzébio is getting treatment for a disease that he has. We found them doing contacts and taught them the Restoration this week. We marked baptismal dates with both of them for April 7th! Right during general conference. Nothing better. We have transfers next week and I have a feeling that Im going to be transferred. But we will see. You never know whats going to happen with Pres. Cordon.

Things are really changing here in Curitiba. I think that our stake is going to change completely. Yesterday we went to the church early to get a ride for one of our investigators and in came Jairo Mazagardi. Hes a general authority and in the Brazil Area Presidency. He watched both Sacrament meetings and spoke in Jardim Botânico. It was way good. But General Authorities dont just come here to hang out. I think there are going to be a lot of changes. I got to talk to him before the meetings started and he asked me if I was a good missionary haha then he gave me a huge hug and thanked me for the work that I am doing. It was really cool and he said that we are blessed to have Pres. Cordon. Amen to that. When he spoke in church he said one thing that hit me hard. He said, ´Parents, teach your children to pray. Their prayers are stronger than yours´. Its so true. Children have true faith. He talked about a lot of examples of how his children prayed and received answers. Mom and Dad, thank you so much for teaching me to pray when I was little. I know that it has blessed my life. I know that God answers our prayers and that he is always listening.

Well, I love you all. Its starting to get really cold here so Im guessing that its heating up there. Enjoy it! I know that this is the work of the Lord and that He is protecting me. I feel it every day.

I love you!
Love,
Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment