Monday, February 4, 2013

Bom dia!

Sorry my email was so short last week. We had a lot of things to do and not a lot of time to do it. But I So...Elder Dallin H. Oaks was supposed to come on Saturday but he ended up getting really sick and couldnt fly. But... We still got to hear from and meet Elder Christensen from the Presidency of the 70, Elder Claudio R. M. Costa (Brazil area president) and Bishop Stevenson (Presiding Bishop). It was soooooo good. No one said anything about the mission splitting but everyone could feel that they were there to prepare us for that. They talked to us a lot about how fast the work is going forth and that we need to prepare ourselves for changes. Elder Christensen said, ´You that are at the biginning of your missions need to learn as fast as you can and you that are at the end need to pass everything that you have learned to the others.´ I thought to myself, hmm Im not in the bigining or at the end. So I think I might have the hardest part. Learning as fast as I can and passing all of that on at the same time. Its going to be great and I am so excited for all of the changes that are coming.

Some things happened with Eduardo, our asian investigator, and he wont be able to be baptized until March. It was so sad but he is still so excited to be baptized and he is learning so fast. He even helped to clean the church this last week. We have 2 solid baptismal dates for the 10th. Flavia and José. We marked the date with José yesterday. He is so ready. Hes already been to church 5 times and he doesnt smoke, drink, or have a girlfriend. Its such a blessing haha. Flavia is still going strong and was at chruch yesterday. She left early so we didn have a chance to talk to her. But she will be baptized on the 10th also.

Thank you for all of your prayers about my foot. It got a lot better and then started to get worse again. I would really appreciate if you could continue to pray for my health. I am having a lot of problems with my Osgood Slaughter on my right knee. I knew that this would be a problem sooner or later haha but if you could pray for that too I would be so happy. I know that the Lord is looking out for me and that everything will be ok. I know that sometimes things are hard and walking this much takes a tole on the knees but I am doing the work of the Lord and he will bless me. 

I got a letter from syd this week and she said that she asked for one more transfer! Thats so awesome. It seems like she is loving Denmark and having a grand ol´ time. Shes the best. We are very blessed to have a girl like that as our big sister to look up to. Please tell her that I love her!

I just wanted to end by leaving you my testimony that I know that our family can be together forever. This morning I read Elder Cooks talk from last conference and he talked a lot about how we need to teach more in the home so that our children can be prepared for the things in this world. He said that when parents need to tell their kids no, they need to do it! I am so grateful for mom and dad and the way that they raised me. I am so proud to say that I grew up in a home with a dad that is a worthy Priesthood leader. Not very many people can say that in this world. 

Sei que estou fazendo a obra de Deus. Amo a missão e sei que estou recebendo bênçãos cada dia. Sei que Deus vai colocar pessoas preparadas em meu caminho. Amo meu Salvador Jesus Cristo. Sei que eu não tenho que sofrer porque Ele já fez isso por mim. Ele é o Salvador do mundo. E Ele ama cada um de nós. Amo vocês muito e desejo uma semana cheia de milagres para todos vocês.

Love,
Elder Big T. 


No comments:

Post a Comment