Monday, February 18, 2013

Bom dia!

Scott, I am just about crying right now because at the zone leader counsel this week Pres. Cordon showed us that same video of the kids opening their calls. It was one of the most spiritual things that I have ever been a part of. I cried like a baby. Seriously. I remember that day so well. I cant wait to hear all about you opening your call and I would love for someone to film it and send it to me. I dont even care if it takes all of my computer time haha I want to see it. The mission truely is a blessing!

This week was incredible. We had the best zone conference ever on Tuesday. Sister Cordon is the best and in her training she threw cake at everyone! Then she pulled out a nice good cake and force fed it to Elder Joás hahaha she was trying to teach us that we cant force feed our investigators and that they need to be able to eat at their own pace. It was one of the best trainings that I have ever seen. Our training went really well. Until right in the middle. I had woken up that morning with a terrible stomache ache and I didnt even feel good enough to go to zone conference. Thats how bad it was. But I knew that I had to go so I went. Well, half way through our training I just about did a number 2 in my pants and had to run to the bathroom. I saw Pres. Cordons face when I left and he looked shocked. I dont think anyone has ran out of zone conference like that before haha. Well, I came back and then had to run out again right in the middle of Pres. Cordons training. It was awful. Food was coming out of both ends of me at the same time. I know thats TMI but its the truth. But it was a great zone conference.

Thursday was the zone leader counsel and it was amazing. Like I said earlier, Pres. Cordon showed us that video and I cried like a baby. But the first thing that he had all of us do was close our eyes. Then he started to read our mission call. It was so powerful. He asked us to pay close attention to our feelings. Let me tell you, my feelings have changed a lot since I first read that letter. When I first got it, all I could think was Brazil!!!!! Now, its very different. I didnt even pay attention to the begining of the letter this time. In the middle and at the end is what its all about. Helping others to come unto Christ. We have such a special calling. And the Lord has promised that as we leave everything behind, we will be blessed to find the people that are ready to be baptized. I am so grateful for the time that I have here on the mission. Its flying by. But I am loving every minute of it.

We had TWO baptisms yesterday!!!!!!!! It was one of the best baptismal services that I have ever seen. There were tons of members there and this little girl sang I Like to Look for Rainbows for the special musical number. Elder Joás baptized José and Flávia was baptized by her husband Daniel. It was so special and I just got to watch and take it all in. I love these moments on the mission. It was such a special day. This weekend is Carnaval and Flávia said that while everyone else is out getting drunk and doing bad things, she was there coming closer to Christ. That was awesome. What a week.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAILEY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you so much and I hope you have an awesome day. I cant believe that youre 11 already! Would you stop growing up so fast? Please?

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!!!!!!! 

Well, this week was incredible. I love the mission. Transfers are next week and Elder Joás will probably be transferred. Ben Keaton will go home. I have seen him quite a few times already. I love that kid. Elder Clift is also going home next week. Thats weird for me because it shows how fast time really is flying. I feel like I will be the next one haha but I still have time to destroy the wickedness here :)

I love you all so much!

Love,
Elder Big T.


                                              Jose and Flavia's baptism!  I'm the one left out!!


No comments:

Post a Comment