Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Elder Oaks is coming!

January 14, 2013

Bom dia!

Im glad to hear that things are going well! I was a little worried when I didnt get an email last week but I know that the Lord is protecting you all. I love you so much!

We had a rough week this week. A lot of walking and not a lot of getting into peoples houses to teach. Its hard when you have weeks like that but you just gotta keep going. We had the zone leader counsel and learned a few things. First, ELDER DALLIN H. OAKS IS COMING TO OUR MISSION ON THE 26TH!!!!!!!!!! I am soooooooooo excited. He is coming with President Claudio R. M. Costa and Bishop Stevenson. They are coming only to visit our mission and then go back to the USA. No one knows exactly why they are coming, even President Cordon, but they are going to talk to us all and it is going to be amazing. There are rumors going around that they are coming to tell us that our mission is going to split. Thats very very possible but we will have to see what happens. I cant wait. Its going to be an amazing day. And... We will be going to the temple that very same week on the 23. Nothing better to prepare to meet an apostle than going to the temple. Next week is going to be the best week ever. We also learned that there are a lot of missionaries doing a lot of bad things in our mission and we are going to have to crack down on that. Want to see me get mad? Go on a mission and break the rules. Theres no excuse. We promised to keep these rules when we signed our mission call.

I am glad to hear that my Christmas presents made it home safe! I hope you enjoy them! I got a lot of letters this week and I just want to thank everyone that wrote to me. I will write each person back but i just wanted to thank you all as fast as possible. Please tell our ward thank you so much for the christmas cards that I got and the letter that I got from the stake young men and young women.

We had a really cool experience this week. We were walking home at night and this homeless man stopped us in the street and wanted food. I thought he was going to rob us but he looked at us with tears in his eyes and said that he used to be a branch president and worker at the temple. He got into some bad habits and broke some commandments and ended up in the street. He opened his backpack and the only thing that he had was the scriptures. He started crying and I remembered that I had some apples in my backpack that we had forgotten to eat that afternoon. So I gave them to him and he looked at me and said, You can give me much more than this. I thought he was talking about food but then he said, You can give me a Priesthood blessing. So we did. We knelt down right there in the street and gave him a blessing. It was an incredible moment. I really do know that the Priesthood is real and that it can be used to bless the lives of other people. I am so grateful that I was worthy in that moment to use my Priesthood to give him a blessing. We ALWAYS need to be worthy to use the Priesthood. You never know when someone might need your help.

I love you all so much and I hope that you have a great week!

Love,
Elder Big T

No comments:

Post a Comment