Monday, November 12, 2012

Testimony

Bom dia!!!         November 5, 2012

I am so glad to hear that you all had a great Halloween! To tell you the truth, ours was really lame. We had a HUGE storm that day and it knocked all the power out. We spent the whole day at Johns house helping them to get the water out of their house. Its a good thing that we were there or they would have lost a lot of things. Then we came home and planned in the dark. It was pretty sad. But we did buy costumes and candy. You will receive pictures.

We had another miracle happen this week! We went to Lincolns to watch Finding Faith in Christ and we got there and the DVD didnt work. We just sat there trying to think of something to do when his mom came in and told us that he was going to be baptized! I was so shocked that I had to turn to him and ask him if it was true. And he said yes! He said that now is the time. I am so excited for him and it will be so good. We will have his baptism next week. Its really cool that I get to baptize someone that has the same name as one of the people that I love the most. Youre the man Linc! (Holt)

We had lunch this week with the Stake President and since I have been in this area forever I know everyone here pretty well. He asked me to bring him the recepie of my favorite thing from home so that he can make it for me. So mom, can you send me the recepie for your famous Pasta Salad. Thats all that I think about these days haha

We are teaching this guy named Guilherme and whenever we teach him, his whole family is there. Well, we taught them on Saturday and his mom was there. She just kept staring at me the whole time and then at the very end she gave me a huge hug and said that she wanted to adopt me hahahaha I told her that we arent alowed to hug girls and she got really embarrassed. Its amazing how much of an impact you can make on peoples lives. This family is crazy but they are so nice. Guilherme just needs to marry his wife to be able to be baptize. Im probably going to be transferred in 3 weeks so most likely I wont be here for it but its ok. As long as he is baptized I will be happy.

How is Bolt doing? He probably died a long time ago and no one told me haha I was thinking about our pets this week and was just wondering how he is doing.

Mom, my district was kind of having a hard time this week with staying focused on our purpose and working with all our heart, might, mind and strength so I gave a training on D&C 4 for district meeting. Why I am telling you this is because I told about you telling me to go out and play with vigor and vim when I was playing high school baseball. I used that to tell them that we need that same attitude to preach the gospel. In my patriarchal blessing it tells me to use the lessons that I learned at home on my mission. So I did just that. Thanks mom. Youre the best. I know I didnt earn that $50 dollars for saying that to the baseball team but I used it for something even more important. I love you.

I told myself at the begining of my mission that I wouldnt bear my testimony on fast Sunday the whole two years because I just wanted to hear the members testimonies. But yesterday in Sunday School we talked about the Spirit World and how we are going to see our ancestors there. I kept thinking about my family and how blessed we are to be sealed for time and all eternity. Well, in Sacrament Meeting I just kept having this feeling that I should share that and so I did. After the meeting a lady came up  to me and told me that she loved my testimony and that she had a cousin that she really wanted us to teach. I am so glad that my testimony was able to touch her and that through that we have someone new to share the gospel with. And I really am so grateful that we can be an eternal family.

Well, I love you all. I am so grateful for all of the blessings that I have in my life. I have the best family ever. I love you!!!!!

Love
Elder Big T


                                                            Masked Missionary!



                                                                Missionary Matey's!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment