Monday, November 19, 2012

Giving Thanks!


This week was really good. We were able to find new investigators and prepare others to be baptized. Yesterday Lincoln was able to receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost and he chose me to give it to him. It was the first time that I have been able to do that and it was such a great experience. Then after church, bishop grabbed me and said that Lincoln wanted me to be the one to confer the Priesthood upon him. It was the first time that I have done that too. I was pretty nervous but as soon as I started speaking the Spirit took over. I cant remember a word that I said but I do remember the feeling that was in the room. The Priesthood is real and I am so grateful to be able to hold it. After church, we walked home with him and he just kept saying that he didnt have words to describe how happy he was. It was amazing. This gospel really makes a difference in peoples lives. 

I cant believe its Thanksgiving already. Time is passing so fast. But I just wanted to write and tell you all how thankful I am for you.

Mom- Thank you for all the things that you did for me when I was home. I know that my football and baseball games werent the funnest things to go to and that you always got stressed out but they meant everything to me at the time. Thank you for teaching me how to have a sense of humor and to be able to make people laugh. I love you so much mom.

Dad- Thank you for being the greatest example of a husband, dad, and priesthood holder. I really couldnt have asked for a better dad. Thank you for teaching me how to work and how to be able to work with other people. Thank you for coming to my games during high school. I know you were so busy with work and bishop things but you always made time to come to our activities. I love you so much Dad.

Syd- I love you. Thank you for your willingness to serve and share your testimony with the people of Denmark. Thank you for your always happy attitude even when things arent going well. Thank you for being the best big little sister ever. I love you so much Syd.

Scott- I got through everyone above without crying but you got the tears out of me. I love you man. Thank you for being the person I could always look up to. Thank you for being so funny and pulling all night FIFA parties with me. THank you for your testimony and for always standing up for whats right. I love you so much Scotty.

Abbey- Thank you so much for your little emails from my Itouch  :) Thank you for putting up with my sad babysitting skills and being patient with me. Thank you for your letters. Thank you for watching Psych and the Biggest Loser with me. Thank you so much for the bracelet :) I love you so much Abbey.

Hailey- Thank you for always making me laugh. Thank you for giving me the chance I had to baptize you. I think about that all the time. Its one of the highlights of my life. And thank you so much for coming to Walmart with me when we had nothing else to do. I loved those days. I love you so much Hailey.

Annie- Annie I love you. Thank you for being my best friend. Its impossible for me to think about my life before you were born. I know that it was hard for mom to get you into this world but I am 100% sure that you are a blessing sent from God. Thank you for going everywhere with me and for all the little hands that you have drawn and sent to me. I love you so much Annie.

I just want you all to know how much I love you and how thankful I am to be a part of your family. I love this gospel and I am so grateful to be able to preach it to the people or Brazil. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and everything that he did for me. I love him and I know that he is our Savior. I am so grateful that mom and dad were sealed in the temple so that we can be together forever. I love you all so much.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Love, 
Elder Big T.

No comments:

Post a Comment