Monday, November 26, 2012

Transfer!

This has been the craziest week of my mission. We had to do everything this week to get ready for our baptism on Sunday. We baptized a boy named Wellington who is 10 years old. I had been teaching him when I first got with Elder Lima and we finally baptized him! The baptism went really well and his whole family was able to come. He has really short hair in this picture but it used to be as long as both of his sisters! They used to look like triplets haha but he cut it and sold it for about $40. He was so happy in his baptism.

Well, Sunday afternoon we got a call and found out that i was being transferred! I am now here in Ala 2 which is in the very center of Curitiba. I am actually right next to Ahú. Its a very rich area and its way different than Jardim Mercurio. The other news is that I was made a zone leader! I was pretty suprised and when President Cordon said that I was a zone leader I heard someone say, Already? Haha but I am excited. Nervous, but excited. It was so hard to leave Jardim Mercurio and we had a big family night with a lot of our converts and members last night and a lot of people were crying. I really felt like I made a difference in their lives. My new companion is Elder Joás. He is from the north of Brazil and I am actually taking the place of none other than Elder Keaton. He left and I came haha. Elder Joás has been out for a year and 6 months and is really really nice. We have a zone of 16 missionaries and I am way excited.

I cant believe that this year is almost over. It has gone by so fast. And this next year will probably go by even faster. Crazy.

I am so sorry that this email isnt very long. We have to send a lot of things to Pres. Cordon and Im not really used to it yet. But my emails will get better as the weeks go on. I love you so much and I had a good Thanksgiving. Not really but it was good for being on the mission haha

I love you all and I know that this is the work of the Lord. I love being a missionary and being able to serve with all my heart, might, mind and strenghth. I love you all!

Love,
Elder Big T

Wellington's baptism!

No comments:

Post a Comment