Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Arrival in Curitiba, Brazil

   Feb. 20, 2012     Bom Dia from beautiful and hot Curitiba Brazil!!!

Today is not my p-day but Sister Cordon said i could take 20 minutes to email you and tell you that I made it here safely. My first area is right in the middle of the city of Curitiba and it is called Ahú. My companion is Elder Clift from Sacramento, California. He will have been here for one year tomorrow! He is really nice and very very good with the people. And he speaks really good Portuguese. He mostly only speaks Portuguese with me which is hard but its also a blessing. I will learn the language a lot faster this way.

I dont have time to read your emails but i hope sydnee got to Denmark safely and i hope she is doing well. She will be awesome.

My p-day is always on mondays but just not this week because we are going to the temple on wednesday so that will be our p-day. So i will read your emails then and i will get to send a longer email with more information. Its really hot here and its good because i am already losing more weight. I have lost over 5 lbs in just under a week. its pretty much the best.

I live in a small house with my companion and two other american missionaries. Four americans living in one small house in Brazil haha its pretty funny. I love it here and the ward we are in is very kind and welcoming. And a lot of the members speak english!

President and Sister Cordon are awesome and i love them. They are very very kind and are like second parents.

The language is hard but i can tell that it is coming along. President Cordon told me to give myself 6 weeks and i will be just fine. Its hard but i am trying to be as patient with myself as i possibly can.

I hope Hailey had an awesome 10th birthday!!! Happy Birthday Hay-bear!!!!! Sorry this is so late. I sent you a letter though. I love you!

I just have some questions that i need answered.
1. Did you send my glasses? If yes, when?
2. Can i wash my ties in a washing machine?
3. Can i wash my suit pants in a washing machine or do they need to be dry-cleaned?
If you can just answer these before wednesday that would be awesome.

Well, I love you. I hope you are doing well. The work is going great. I love you all so much!

Love,
Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment