Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Last email from the CTM

Well, happy last email from the CTM!!! One week from right now i will be in the beautiful city of Curitiba. I am so excited. this last P-day was really good but it has been cut short because of the devotional tonight. But thats ok. The area 70 is coming to speak to us.

Thank you to Dad, the Holts, the Calls, Hailey/Mom/Annie, Syd, and Grandma and Grandpa J for your letters this week. I really love getting letters from everyone. Thank you so much. I love you all!

Dad thank you so much for sending me your Christmas talk. I have read it multiple times. I love you dad. Even though youre selling my house. haha :) but really. Thank you for your example and everything you do for me. I love you.

Tuesday night we had a devotional and we watched a video from Elder Holland. It was really good but he kinda tore into the missionaries. He said that the three things we are worst at is 1. Companionship study 2. Planning 3. Teaching with power and authority. So pretty much the things that we need to be best at. Elder De La Cruz and I focused this week on those things and we taught some of our best lessons yet. It was really cool.

Last Tuesday 80 missionaries left the CTM and only 4 came. Its pretty empty here. But one of those four was Elder Kamalu!! It was so good to see a face from Kaysville again. I love having him here. He is a great kid and will be a great missionary.

On friday night our teacher was in a play so we didnt have a teacher with us. She told us before to study part of preach my gospel and teach what we learned to the class. As we were doing this we started sharing examples from our lives about when we had felt the spirit. It was absolutely incredible. The spirit was so strong and i am pretty sure that everyone was crying. It was easily the best class yet. We may not be able to speak perfect portuguese but i know that we have the spirit with us and that we can bring that to the homes of the people of Brazil. I love my district. They really are my brothers.

Yesterday we got to go out for 3 hours and try to place copies of the Book of Mormon in the city. It was really scary at first but after a few people we got a little more used to it. We didnt hand out a single Book in 3 hours and we went back to the cookie store to meet our teacher and when we left i accidentally left one of mine on the table. When i went back to get it there was a lady sitting there but she hadnt touched to book. So i slid it closer to her and told her that it was for her and she got really excited and thanked me and immedidatley started flipping through the pages! it was so cool! I placed my first Book of Mormon! :)

I was told to tell you my new address. Its the same as on the cards that syd made but i will write it here too. Please send letters here for now and when i get my address in the field i will let you know.
Elder Trevor Taylor
Brazil Curitiba Mission
Praça Joseph Smith
15 Portão
80613-991 Curitiba-PR
Brazil

Well i hope you are having a wonderful time in Kaysville. I dont know if i will be able to email next week so i love you! (2 weeks worth) I love you all. The Church is true. The Book is blue. And God loves you :)

Love,
Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment