Monday, August 19, 2013

Craziest week of my mission!

Bom dia!                                               August 19, 2013

This was probably the crasiest week of my mission. I was able to go to Ponta Grossa and stay with the zone leaders there for the whole week. Ponta Grossa is a city at the very end of our mission and everyone wants to serve there because they always baptize. Well, the last few months they havent been baptizing so me and Elder Schmidt went there for a week and left with 18 baptisms on Sunday! It was so good and there were so many miracles. They didnt have very many people ready to be baptized but we got there and worked a lot with them and they ended up having a lot of baptisms that they werent expecting. It was really good and I learned a lot about miracles and fasting. It was good to be a zone leader again and I had a lot of fun. Tonight I will be going back to......Boa Vista!! I will go there and spend a week with the zone leaders there to help them have the same success as Ponta Grossa. 

When I got to Ponta Grossa i went straight to their area book and saw that they didnt have any investigators. So I told them that the whole week we were just going to work our hardest to find new people and that the Lord would help us to baptize someone on Sunday. So we went to work. We knocked doors almost all day everyday and we were able to find 18 new people to teach. We even found a family of 9. That was incredible and 6 of them are old enough to be baptized. Well, Saturday night came around and I was really sad that we still didnt have anyone to baptize when we were walking home and we got a call from the sisters in our zone. They said that they were teaching a young man that was ready to be baptized but he lived in our area! So we called him and he said that he would come to our church the next day. He came and I interviewed him after Sacrament Meeting and he was baptized! It was such a testimony builder for me. Oh and I forgot to tell you that we started a fast just for this after lunch on Saturday. It was amazing. The Lord really does answer our prayers. But we have to get up and work to deserve the blessings that we ask for. My testimony of this grew a lot this week

I also just wanted to thank mom and dad for always complimenting us on the things that we do well. There are a lot of people in this world that would do anything just to get a compliment from their parents once in a while. We taught a girl this week that got pregnant really young and still lives with her mom and her mom doesnt ever compliment her. She just tells her all the things that she does wrong. She just cried the whole time we were there and I got home and just thanked our Heavenly Father for the parents that I have. I love you mom and dad. I am so grateful for who you are and the things that you have taught me. I love you!

Tell Grandpa that he is in my prayers and that I love him. 

Iguaçu Falls hasnt been in our mission for the last 10 years. The picture that they sent in my call package was wrong. We dont even come close haha.

How is Scott coming along with the mission prep? I cant believe that in just 3 weeks he will be leaving for the MTC. That makes me crazy. Scott, prepare yourself. There are a lot of missionaries out here that dont even know why they are here. Its really hard for me to see that. Please prepare yourself. Its going to be the best two years of your life so far. But only if you want it to be and only if you want that. I love my mission. But it has not been easy. Get ready to work hard and here a lot of "no's". Youre going to love it and I cant wait to get your emails. I love you bro!

I love you all and I hope you have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment