Monday, August 20, 2012

Never eat meat from street vendors!

Bom dia!!

wow you guys had a really crazy week! Its weird to think that life just goes on even when Im not there. But i am so glad to hear that you are all doing well and having fun!

This week was not so good. I really learned that we only recieve the blessings of the Lord if we do our part. When president threadgold set me apart as a missionary, he said that I would be able to do the work of the Lord everyday. Well, i have learned that I have to do my part to receive that blessing. When we left the CTM, they told us not to eat any of the food that people would be selling in the street because it would make us sick. They were right. I ate some meat that this guy was grilling in the street and it just about killed me. I ate it Tuesday night and I didnt leave my bed until friday. It was terrible. Throwing up, the runs, yeah it was bad. It was the hardest thing in the world to have to stay at home and not go out and work. But now I know not to eat anything from the street. i have learned my lesson.

One good thing that happened this week was that Vitorias whole family went to church today. Even her mom. That was a miracle. It was so cool to see her whole family there and we are going to have a family night with them tonight and invite all of them to be baptized. I am really excited for it. Her mom is having some financial issues and she got some help from the relief society president yesterday and it was really good to see that everyone enjoyed going to church. I know for sure that it is the house of the Lord.

Well Scotty, I havent heard an update from you in a long time about the Book of Mormon reading so Im just gonna take it that I won! I finished the Book of Mormon this morning! I have now read it more times is Portuguese than in English haha but scott if you havent finished keep reading. Read every day. I know that it will give you the spiritual boost that we all need to get through the day. keep going bud. And go buy that David Freese shirt :)

Im not sure what all you have already sent to me but the ZLs said that I have a lot of stuff at their chappel to pick up! I will get all of your letters and things tomorrow at district meeting. Thank you for all that you have all done for me.

I still havent gotten to do an interview yet but we have 2 marked for this coming week. i went to do one in another area friday but the lady ran away before we got there. i guess she got scared and didnt want to talk to me. But someday I will do an interview. I am praying that it will be this week.

Well, I hope you all have a great week and that you enjoy this last little bit of summer! And im not sure when BYU football will start but cheer extra loud for me at the games! Go COUGARS!!!!!!!!

I love you all so much!

Love Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment