Monday, August 20, 2012

Beware of dogs! and men with beer!

Bom dia!            August 13, 2012

What a crazy week! I did get to see a little of the olympics because our investigators were watching it. But it was only like 30 seconds haha. But go USA!!!!!

This week was really different. We had a `gold week`. President Cordon said that a lot of missionaries are just working for the numbers and once they meet their goal they stop working that week. Well, this week we didnt have goals. We just worked as hard as we could. And at the end of the week everyone counted up their numbers and they were so much better than the rest of the weeks this year. His main focus was to show us that we need to work hard because we love the Lord and the people that we are serving and not for the numbers. It was really good. We also saw miracles because of it. We marked 4 baptismal dates this week! Only one is really firm but we are going to work a lot to make sure that all four of these people get baptized.

Thursday was a crazy day. We were walking in the street and I got attacked by a dog! He bit my leg and then I kicked him in the face and he ran away. It didnt hurt very bad but he did break skin and I had to call Sister Cordon and had to go get a shot so that it didnt get infected. It was pretty intense. Then later that same day I did a contact with this hoodlum in the street and he got way mad and swore at me and walked away. I just brushed it off and we kept doing contacts. Well, he returned and dumped beer all over me. I was so ticked. It took everything I had not to  beat the living snot out of him. Then that night Elder Lima told me that there is a law against kicking other peoples animals and if someone would have seen me kick that dog then I could be going to jail. It was just a crazy day. But even after all of that I still love being a missionary. Every time that something like that happens I  just laugh and tell myself that its another story that I will be able to  tell my kids haha

This week I read 3 Nephi 11-3 Nephi 30 which is the part when Jesus Christ was here in the Americas. We had a lot of people tell us this week that the Book of Mormon is from the devil and that only the devil would write it. Well, I want you all to read this part of the Book of Mormon and then tell me what you think. Could the devil write something like that? No. He couldnt. Those are the pure words of Christ. I know it. I know it with all of my heart.

Way to go with the Garden!

Well, i hope you all have a great week. Please keep praying for me to be safe and to come home in one peice ;) I love you all so much and I know that this church is true. This really is the work of the Lord.

Love,
Elder Taylor

Ps. Scott- I am on 4 Nephi 1. Where are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment