Monday, August 6, 2012

Bom dia! August 6, 2012

I am so glad to hear that you all had a great time in St. George! I would probably die in that heat right now. Im glad I wasnt sent there haha. But it has been really hot here the last week. Almost 80 everyday. In the winter. Its really weird. But its been really good to get some sun on these white arms.

This week was pretty good and it was really good as a first week as DL. My disrict is really having a hard time though. The two elders arent getting along well and arent working and the sisters arent working well with the ward. Its been hard to help them but they are getting there. I still havent done a baptismal interview yet but I should do one this week. As for me and Elder Lima things are going well. We just need to mark more baptismal dates with investigators and get more of them to come to church. We did everything we could this week and none of them came. It was so frustrating. But we will just have to work even harder this week.

I had a training for the new DLs and Elder Ben Keaton was there!!!!!!!! It was so good to see him.  He is doing great and is now a new DL too! He was shocked to see me there because almost all of the DLs in the mission have been out for over a year. Its a litte hard for me because I am one of the newer missionaries and sometimes I dont feel like I can tell the others when they need to work harder or changes things. But one thing that I just have to keep telling myself is that I was called by God to be the DL here and I have the authority to do this. Its been hard but I have really learned a lot.

We got a new ZL this transfer and its Elder Martinez!!! I dont know if I told you about him but he was in my very first district and I did my first division with him. I love him haha. Well since I am DL and he is ZL we got to do a division this week. It was awesome and he keeps saying that one day we are going to be companions. He is from Uraguay and he really wants to learn English. Hes awesome. 

This week I was reading in 3 Nephi about Jesus Christ. In 3 Nephi 1:19 it talks about how there was a day, a night, and a day without darkness when he was born. Then it says in 3 Nephi 8: 20-23 that there were 3 days without light when he died. Do you think he is the light of the world? I am 100% sure that he is. And in 3 Nephi 9: 18 he says, I am the light and the life of the world. Its so true. Jesus Christ is the light of the world. I love being able to read about his life and about his teachings. 

Well, I love you all and I hope you all enjoy this great week. Becuase every week is great. Every day is great. Life is great. God has given us this life. What a blessing. I love you all so much.

Love
Elder Taylor.

Ps, Scott, i am on 3 Nephi 10. Good luck chuck.

oh and tell parker bennett that I am so proud of him and that he will be great. I cried when

No comments:

Post a Comment