Sunday, January 29, 2012

Hello from Brazil

Hello from Brazil!              January 24, 2012
Mom, I will leave the MTC on Feb 14th. Same day as Syd. Only 3 weeks left! Thank you for the picture of the new CTM president. He is very nice and i like him and his wife a lot. Tell Annie i hope she gets feeling better and i love her! I pray for you guys more times a day than i can even count. I love you so much!

Thank you to Nat, Mom & Dad, Bishop, and Dad again for your letters this week. I love getting your mail. It keeps me going and gives me so much strength.

I told you last Tuesday that we were going to sing in the devotional and it went so well!! Everyone just stared at us as we walked back and our teacher was crying when we sat by her. I know the Lord answers prayers because that was the best that we had ever sung and we prayed so many times before we started. They asked us to sing again on Sunday and I will tell you how that went later in this email.

To tell you the truth this week was really hard for me. I found out that i had a stomache virus on Wednesday and i was sick until Sunday night. We had to sing our song again and it was not very good because i couldnt sing. But everyone said that it still brought the spirit and thats all that matters. i still went to class and did everything like normal but it was so hard to focus and to be positive. It felt like someone was stabbing me in the belly. I had the runs and was throwing up all week. The doctor almost sent me to downtown Sao Paulo to go see a different doctor but luckily i started feeling a little better before that. i know that all of yours prayers helped me to feel better. I am all better today and i feel great :)

While i was sick i didnt really feel like studying portuguese so i decided to read the Book of Mormon instead. I ended up finishing for the first time on my mission on Thursday. I just want you all to know that i know that the Book of Mormon is true. It really contains the words of God and we can come closer to God by reading it. I love my Savior Jesus Christ and I cant wait to see him in Heaven. I cant wait to bring the Book of Mormon to the people of Curitiba in 3 weeks.

Just a reminder, make sure to put 4 or 5 pictures of Jesus on packages if you send them. One of the Elders in my district got a package from his mom and the mail people had ripped it open and stolen everything except one letter. It was really sad. But we have been told that they wont mess with it if it has pictures of Jesus on it.

I have some amazing news! Tomorrow Elder Anderson and Elder Ballard from the Quorum of the 12 are coming to speak to us!!!!! I am so excited. I will tell you all about it in next weeks email.

Dad i loved your letter. I am so glad to hear that your back and legs are doing better. i have worried about that alot and i am so happy to hear that you are running more. You are my hero. Elder Petersen in my district is having the exact same pain that you had before you went to the doctor and he is really worried about it. He is my best friend here in the CTM so i told him that i would ask you what the best thing to help it is. If you could, can you answer back asap? He is probably going to have to get an MRI and i really dont want him to have to go home. ive only known him for 5 weeks and he is already one of the closest friends that ive ever had. He is really scared so can you please include him in your prayers? Thank you so much.

I havent gotten any of Syds emails yet but i usually get your mail on Tuesdays so hopefully tonight! Thank you so much for the updates on what the girls and Scotty are doing. i love you all.

Scotty, you are the man. Dont ask me why. you just are. I miss you and i love you so much. Look up the team from Brazil on FIFA called Palmeiras. They are my favorite team. i dont know anything about them i was just told to pick a favorite because the little kids will ask me when i get in the field. They are green. Thats all i know haha

Abbey, Hailey, and Annie. I love you so much. Dont you ever forget that.

Mom, words cant even say how much you mean to me. I love you.

Love,
Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment