Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Bom dia!

Well, I am here in a different area! But its only for today. Elder Lima was transferred so he is on his way to his new area right now.  I am here with the zone leaders because I wont pick up my new companion until tomorrow. Now, you may be asking, why tomorrow? I will tell you why. Its because I will be training again! We got the call last night and this time it will be a new new new missionary. Like at this moment he is still in the CTM. I dont know if he is american or brazillian. I will find out tomorrow. But i am very excited for the chance to train again. I like being able to be an example for others and to help them. And I am grateful that the Lord trusts me with this responsibility. I will go to President Cordons house this afternoon for a training. Oh and I will stay in Jardim Mercurio.

This week was a little slackish. Elder Lima new that he would leave and just wanted to say goodbye to everyone. So we didnt get a lot of work done. But that will change :) We did have a great lesson with this family and marked baptismal dates with all of them! It was so good. We also have one other investigator who has a baptismal date. Her name is Izilda and she will be baptized this week as long as everything goes right. She loves going to church and she has gone over a week without smoking and we havent even taught the Word of Wisdom yet! Shes amazing. She said that the Book of Mormon has given her the power to stop smoking. Its amazing. 

Since I am in a different area right now I forgot my pictures but I will send them to you next week! 

I am so glad to hear that the Cougars won! On thursaday night I sang the cougar fight song for Elder Lima haha he didnt like it too much and said that I am retarded but it felt so good to belt that song out again. Cheer extra loud for me and make sure that Jake Heaps doesnt return to BYU. He stinks. 

Thank you for your packages and pictures. I love them. But Jolly Ranchers dont do well here because its so humid. They just melt and become nasty. If you could switch those for reeses that would be awesome. They will melt but then I can put them in the fridge. Thanks :)
  
Please tell Scott and Hailey thank you for their testimonies and that the worm has left the building! I am feeling a lot better now :)

This week I read a scripture that I really liked. D&C 68:2-4. It says that our words are scripture if we follow the Spirit. Thats pretty amazing stuff. I love feeling the Spirit and being able to know that he is helping me. I also studied this week a lot about Nephi. I love him. He is a great example of being obedient. He knew what he needed to do and he trusted in the Lord. Lesson: Trust in the Lord and do what you are told to do and everything will work out. Things will be hard but the Lord will never let you down. Never.

I love you all so much and I am so thankful to have such a stinkin amazing family. 

Love,
Elder Big T.


No comments:

Post a Comment