Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Brazil Independence Day

Bom dia!       

What a crazy week!!! I dont even know where to start! Well, tuesday I got my new greenie! His name is Elder Poe and hes from Washington. He is a very good worker but he doesnt speak any Portuguese so we are going to have to work a lot on that. But I really like him. 

I did three interviews this week! It was so cool. The spirit was so strong and I could really tell that these people were repenting and that they wanted this. Only one of them was baptized but it was really cool.

Izilda was baptized yesterday! And she chose me to baptize her. I told the missionary that did the interview to tell her that she could choose a member to baptize her but she said that she wanted the first missionary that she talked to to do it. It was really good and she is so happy. There werent very many members at the baptism and i was so ticked about that. We had it scheduled for saturday cuz we knew no one would stay sunday but the members made us change it. I will definately be bringing that up in ward counsil this week. She is such a great person and she needs the support of the ward. Something has got to change is this ward. And Im not afraid to say it.

On friday it was independance day here in Brazil and all the missionaries in Curitiba got to walk in the parade! It was huge! We walked right through Ahu and i saw a ton of people that  I know. I got to be right at the front. Like the only people in front of me were the sisters. Thats how close I was to the front. And we were on tv! A lady in my ward told me that she saw me on tv and she yelled, ´thats the missionary from our ward!` haha it was so cool. Independance day isnt as big here as it is in the USA but it was still pretty cool.

This week was one of the hardest weeks of my mission. I feel like I am doing everything on my own because my companion doesnt speak the language. But thats why President Cordon picked me. He told me that he knows that I can do these things on my own. So I just have to keep it up. I am learning and growing so much and I love it here.

I hope you are all enjoying school! Enjoy this time. Itll be gone before you know it. Just like the past 9 months of my life. I cant believe Syd is halfway done with her mission. That really freaks me out. Where is the time going? I dont want this to end. I want to stay here for so much longer. 

Well, I hope you all have an awesome week and cheer for the Cougs extra loud for me. 

I know that this is the work of the Lord and that we can all make a change in peoples lives. I love being here and I love you all so much.

Love 
Elder Taylor


   Izilda's baptism



Independence Day Parade!


Elder Taylor and a tank!

No comments:

Post a Comment